SafeFAST Top class II A1/A2 Microbiological Safety Cabinets belong to the latest generation of laminar airflow systems manufactured by Faster, in which the choice of materials of construction of the highest quality guarantees conformity to the strictest safety standards.

Faster SafeFAST Top are Microbiological Safety Cabinets – designed and built to performance requirements of the EN-12469:2000 European Standard and NSF/ANSI 49 American Standard, with 70% of the air re-circulated via the main Class H14 HEPA/ULPA filter within the cabinet, whilst the remaining 30% is discharged through an exhaust Class H14 HEPA/ULPA filter.

SafeFAST Top have been adopted worldwide in use for product, personnel and environmental protection while handling harmful agents pathogenic to human beings and/or animals as defined in the appropriate international standards, in a wide range of disciplines in applications such as: Microbiology, Virology, Haematology, Cell culture, Genetics, Handling of hazardous agents to human beings or animals.

SafeFast Top

The ambient air is drawn in from the slots at the stainless-steel base of the front opening and it then passes under the work surface, from where it is drawn up and blown into the plenum of the re-circulating and exhaust fan(s).

The “bio-dynamic sealing system” of the negative pressure plenum ensures that all contaminated particles are kept inside the system and are automatically drawn to the plenum or pressure chamber to be captured by the main re-circulating and exhaust H 14 HEPA/ULPA filters. The fan system assures that no part of the cabinet comes ever under positive contaminated pressure to the laboratory, thus protecting and preserving the environment and operating personnel from exposure to agents of bio-contamination.

70% of the filtered air is re-circulated (after passing through a H14 HEPA/ULPA filter) in an air cleanless in Class ISO 3, according to ISO 14644-1 laminar flow pattern downwards into the work chamber and the remaining 30% is exhausted to atmosphere through another H14 HEPA/ULPA filter.

Best technical solution – cleanability first of all: Front stratified hinged safety glass, the frontal opening is set to 200 mm. The whole front of the safety cabinet can also be opened upwards as it is hinged on the top – in order to allow easy access for complete and effective cleaning and decontamination. Single piece work chamber in stainless steel AISI 304 designed to fuilfill the requirements and pass the cleanibility test according to EN 12469:2000.

ECS® Eco Controling System: The new ECS® microprocessor employs the latest innovative methods of integrated management of all principal functions of ventilation and filtration – self-regulating all the main filtration and ventilation system components – compensating for declining pressure drops and restoring power balance. Combining the use of AC motor-blowers and certified low pressure-drop filters, the new ECS® controlling system optimize power consumption, reducing CO2 emissions into the environment.

Anti Bacterial Coating: Exclusive Dupont™ ALESTA® anti-bacterial “Ag+ cations-based solution”, capable to prevent microbial contamination of surfaces thereby inhibiting long term surface growth.

The negative pressure plenum “bio-dynamic sealing” ensures that all contaminated particles are kept inside the system and are automatically drawn to the pressure chamber to be captured and by the main and exhaust H 14 HEPA/ULPA filters.

Easy handling and maintenance: The cabinet can pass through standard 800 mm wide door openings. In fact, the overall depth of the cabinet is 785mm. All service operations are available from the front of the cabinet.

Automatic safety service connections for gas and vacuum and one electrical socket fitted as standard in each size model.

External structure in epoxy powder coated cold-rolled steel for excellent corrosion resistance to the attack by aggressive common chemicals. Alternatively special models with external structure made in AISI 304L stainless steel for superior cleanability are also available on demand.

Rear wall in stainless steel AISI 304 L, designed to conform to requirements and pass the “cleanability test” according to EN12469:2000.

Work surface in stainless steel AISI 316L consisting of sections (or in one piece upon request) which are easily removable for carrying out routine cleaning and/or autoclaving sterilization procedures; closed or perforated on request.

Work chamber in single piece AISI 304 stainless steel for the best cleanibility.

Front window: Stratified hinged safety glass to give easy access to large items. It is provided with gas springs to keep it open during maintenance or sanitization operations.

Re-circulating and extractor fans: the ‘S’-Series are supplied with single centrifugal fan, whilst models of the ‘D’ Series with double centrifugal fan ( main and exhaust ) to provide complete operator, product and environmental protection. Moreover the ‘D’ models fitted with double motor-fan are designed and are also suitable to discharge the filtered air outside the laboratory through a ducting system if required.

Filtration: H14 HEPA/ULPA filters with an efficiency better than 99,995 % MPPS (EN-1822).

Operation Condition: Air cleanliness in Class ISO 3 as per ISO:EN 14644-1.

The user-friendly practical keyboard and the rear-lit LCD will continuously display all required data keeping the user constantly informed of the cabinet conditions in operation, and in particular:

• display of laminar airflow velocity and frontal air barrier velocity
• display of inside and outside temperature
• display of residual lifetime of HEPA/ULPA filters, UV Lamp and activated carbon filter (if fitted)
• display of total number of hours of operation
• display of saturation level of HEPA/ULPA filters.

Audio-visual alarms provided for:

• out of range or incorrect laminar airflow velocity and frontal air barrier velocity
• front window opened
• clogging of HEPA/ULPA filters
• end of life-cycle of UV lamp and saturation of activated carbon filter (if fitted)
• blockage in the exhaust duct ( if fitted )
• fan-motor malfunction
• power failure

Lighting: fluorescent tubes in built-in housing, placed outside the contaminated area.

Aluminium front closure panel that ensures the sealing of the cabinet for sterilization/fumigation.

D.O.P.-DEHS inlet port for testing the HEPA/ULPA filters.

UV sterilizing lamp (optional) installed on the aluminium front closure panel complete two switch-off countdown timers, one variable on a 0-3 hours scale (1 minute steps), the other set to 3 fixed hours.

Direct Ducting: As standard supplied with 200 mm diameter collar on the top of the cabinet for optional direct ducting to facility exhaust system

Width [cm]90 – 180
Motor-blowersSingle fan / Double fan
Technical sheet
Useful dimension (mm) WxDxH885x580x660
Overall dimension [mm] WxDxH1015x785x1470
Noise level (dbA)<57
Working Aperture (mm)200
Exhaust flow rate (m3/h)290
Lighting level (lux)>1000
Weight (kg)185
Electrical data [230V – 50H] (**)230 V – 50 Hz
Current consumption (A)1,9
Heat emission (W)175
(**) different voltage/frequency available upon request